The past few months have been hard and continue to be challenging for the live events industry with event cancellations, postponements, lost income, layoffs, furloughs and the uncertainty of when we will be able to meet again safely in-person in large numbers, but the live events industry is resilient and innovative. Covid-19 may have presented us with a surprise right hook in the spring, but we did not get knocked down and are ready to event differently and safely through virtual conferences, micro-events, streaming wedding services, drive-up celebrations, galas in a box and MORE.
Here at Style Perfect Events we are still standing! We may have a leaner team, but we’re no stranger to a solo operation and look forward to getting our events team back together soon and producing memorable and safe events for you!
Here’s what we’ve been up to:
- In June, we launched a Front Porch Friday Flower delivery service in Charlotte and Lake Norman.
- Carla has taken on a new leadership role in the live events industry to help guide our region during these unprecedented times. She will serve as the Southeast Regional Vice President for the International Live Events Association working with the local chapters in Atlanta, Charlotte, Orlando, Raleigh-Durham, South Florida/Caribbean and Virginia.
- We completed the General Best Practices for COVID-19 safety training course and are now a participating business of the Count on Me NC initiative.
- We are nominated for an international award for Best Event for a Non-Profit Organization for our work with Our Towns Habitat for Humanity on their annual fundraising event, Builder’s Bash. Join us virtually on Friday, August 21st for the Esprit Awards show to see if we will take home the win!
- We are excited to partner with Love Stream to offer virtual steaming services for our wedding clients. Drop us a line to learn more.
With all of our events moving to 2021 or cancelling all together we have focused on operations and new product and event service development. We are excited about a great 2021 and continue to work with our existing clients and couples. We will open our calendar in October to new 2020 and 2021 clients looking to event differently and safely through micro, hybrid or virtual events. In the interim, with my new work from home office hours, desk time is limited, so an email response may take longer than usual. Please know that every email is so important to me and I will be in touch as soon as I can (but responses may take up to 4 business days).
Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and for your continued support! Who’s ready to event safely and differently with us?
XOXO, Carla 🙂